Faith that Jesus Welcomes
But (the Canaanite woman) knelt before Jesus and said, ‘Lord, help me!’
Jesus answered, ‘It isn’t right to take the children’s bread and throw it to the dogs.’
Well, here we go. That is not the reply we expect from the docile, friendly, loving Jesus that we are so accustomed to talking about. What’s going on in this passage? Why would Jesus say that? Is he really implying that this Gentile is a dog?
This Sunday, struggle with me through Matthew 15:21-28. Wrestle with the text, bring your Bible on Sunday and let’s go through this verse by verse.
We’re excited about coming together again to worship the LORD and share his love. Please plan to arrive early so we can “sign you in”.
• Hand sanitising on entry.
• Register names and contact details.
• No passing the peace or physical touch – apart from elbow taps.
• Follow the directional arrows for entry, exit, and Holy Communion.
• Social distancing required – 1.5m. There will be a notice on the ends of seating rows to be left vacant.
• People from the same household can sit next to one another. Otherwise we need to keep 2 chair spaces between people.
• Singing is OK.
• Holy Communion (HC) will be offered at both services with wheat/gluten free wafers; and individual cups (wine/grape juice).
• For HC Distribution, please follow arrows along rear sections of sanctuary and proceed up the middle aisle to the front, receive HC, then return to your seats via side aisles.
• In August, we’ll be offering HC at the 8:45am service on the 1st Sunday of the month; and at the 10:30am service on the 2nd Sunday of the month.
• Freewill offerings will be received via a retiring offering on the way out of the sanctuary.
• No tea and coffee afterwards at this stage. Social distancing still required while on site.
• Children will sit with their families. Please feel free to bring activities.
• Due to cleaning requirements:
• Playground next to Revive Café is CLOSED.
• Parenting Change Room also CLOSED.
In other news, we are excited to share that Little Lambs Playgroup will be returning Friday August 21 (next week), at the usual time of 9:30-10:30am in the Church Hall.
Many, many thanks to the ladies who have stepped up to help get this important community time up and running again. Looking forward to seeing our Little Lambs again soon.
God bless you and your week!
Connect cards will not be used during services so any requests can be forwarded to the church office via email@example.com or phone 8263 5087. Alternatively the care link button on our website
No eggs are available this week, but we will be back to a full complement next week.
Thank you for your continued support towards our congregation’s mission and ministry through regular offerings as our facility and staff continued to operate to keep the community alive and the message spread.
BSB 704 942
Account number 100354939
Account Name GSPV REG
SPRING FEVER plant SALE
Where: 22 Avenue Rd Glynde
Time: 9am to 12 noon
(Cancelled if Covid-19 restrictions ban outside markets. Please check Marion Glynde on Gumtree from 25 August for cancellation info. Covid-19 precautions will be in place – distancing, hand sanitising etc.)
PLEASE DO NOT COME IF YOU ARE ILL.
A wide range of plants will be available, from small to fairly large, for indoors or outdoors, priced from $1 – $50.
We have: Begonias, Bulbs, Clivias, Dendrobium & Crucifix Orchids, Ficus, Hanging Baskets, Kalanchoes, Perennials, Shrubs, Succulents, etc.
This time we will also have a cake and biscuit stall.
The Thrift Shop will be open, 9am–12noon, with clothes/shoes/linen/kitchen/books/china/DVDs/
Plant and cake proceeds go to projects at the Resident Care Home (Nursing Home), Lutheran Homes Glynde.
Please note that the Seniors Social Club meets weekly in the hall at 1pm, not 12:30pm as previously stated. Apologies (Ed.)
For Father’s Day on 6 September, come and select from our range of Christian Cards, Gifts, Bibles, DVDs & Books.
Aug-Sept: *Super-Special Clearance* of large fold-up pamphlets reduced to $2 each – for information/study. Many interesting topics including: Noah’s Ark; What’s so Great about Heaven; Spirituality & Truth, etc.
Reminder of Trading hours: Monday closed, Tuesday-Friday 10-4, Saturday 10-1.
Find us at Shop 5, Gawler Arcade, 126 Murray St, Gawler.
Enquiries welcome: Ph. 85221677; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Look for us on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube!