Jesus is Watching Out for Us
• When Jesus teaches from a boat, he reveals the kingdom of God to his hearers.
• When Jesus helps the disciples catch fish, he reveals his authority and kindness to them. Can you imagine the joy they felt?
• When Jesus crosses the lake to the Gentile (“unclean”) side, he reveals that they too matter to God.
• When Jesus calms the storm, he reveals his authority over creation and his concern for his disciples.
• When Jesus walks on water, he reveals his authority over gravity – and his continuous care for his followers.
The free range eggs are back – all 75 dozen of them! They are $4 per carton, the costs of which go to supporting a farming family. We have just three empty cartons to spare, so if you have some spares to donate please bring them into the office.
• Hand sanitising on entry.
• Register names and contact details.
• No passing the peace or physical touch – apart from elbow taps.
• Follow the directional arrows for entry, exit, and Holy Communion.
• Social distancing required – 1.5m. There will be a notice on the ends of seating rows to be left vacant.
• People from the same household can sit next to one another. Otherwise we need to keep 2 chair spaces between people.
• Singing is OK.
• Holy Communion (HC) will be offered at both services with wheat/gluten free wafers; and individual cups (wine/grape juice).
• For HC Distribution, please follow arrows along rear sections of sanctuary and proceed up the middle aisle to the front, receive HC, then return to your seats via side aisles.
• In August, we’ll be offering HC at the 8:45am service on the 1st Sunday of the month; and at the 10:30am service on the 2nd Sunday of the month.
• Freewill offerings will be received via a retiring offering on the way out of the sanctuary.
• No tea and coffee afterwards at this stage. Social distancing still required while on site.
• Children will sit with their families. Please feel free to bring activities.
• Due to cleaning requirements:
• Playground next to Revive Café is CLOSED.
• Parenting Change Room also CLOSED.
The Social Club recommences this Thursday 13th August 2020 at 12:30pm. Please join us and try out our new carpet bowls equipment, Bridge, Rummykin and other card games. Tea, Coffee and biscuits are made available and a small fee is collected to cover costs.
Right now there is plenty of choppy water around us! Remaining calm is a challenge, especially if we are relying on our own strength to hold things together.
It is a comfort to remember that we have Jesus to grasp hold of our hand through whatever we face.
This week’s GFH resource is a well-timed reminder of this.
Here is a taster: Peter stepped out of the boat to walk on water, but soon became scared because of the wind and the waves. What are some ‘winds’ or ‘waves’ in your life at the moment?
Just a reminder to please bring in an activity for your children as we are unable to have the Kid’s Zone in operation at this time. Folders will still be available.
God comfort and strengthen you through this week!
Thank you for your continued support towards our congregation’s mission and ministry through regular offerings as our facility and staff continued to operate to keep the community alive and the message spread.
say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will
be impossible for you.”
Matthew 17:20 (NIV)
Look for us on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube!