Keys to Restoring Relationships
Bible Reading: Matthew 18:15-20; Galatians 6:1-2
Faith Gym: Helping People Feel More than Welcome
Our fourth workshop is this Wednesday, 9th Sept at 7:30pm here at Good Shepherd. If you missed previous weeks, yet wish to attend, please register via the church office. Details for the live Zoom option will be sent via email, and you can find resources for the study here: www.paravista.org.au/resources
Having Your Child Baptised…
…is a short course to help parents and families prepare for their first baptism at Good Shepherd.
Our next course commences Tuesday Sept 1st at 7:30pm at Good Shepherd, continuing the next two Tuesday evenings (Sept 8, 15).
For more info please see: https://paravista.org.au/contact-us/baptism/
Please register via the Church Office: 8263 5087; or firstname.lastname@example.org
Grow Ministries Faith at Home
Dear Church Family,
Life presents many challenges (“Tell me something that I don’t know,” I hear you ask!) When someone does something that offends or hurts us, our relationship is damaged. It can be difficult to process. Forgiveness is powerful and healing, but can be difficult to give. This week’s GFH resources offer some thought provoking conversation starters and creative responses to try out with your family.
God bless you and your week!
Thanks from the Family Hub
From Kathlene, at the Family Hub:
“Working from the soon to be sparkling premises – could you please pass on our sincere thanks to everyone for their continued support? We are in the position to add cleaning products to food assistance and also to share some of these products when home visiting – this will better protect staff when out visiting too!
The continued support is magic. As I mentioned yesterday whilst the products are fantastic for me, it is more about knowing that we have the support.
It appears the Church congregation have our back – MUCH appreciated.
Knowing this makes the day to day dramas easier – THANK YOU!
The Family Hub Support Team
Wanted: A volunteer to assist in replenishing all the Covid cleaning supplies and ensure signage is still correctly positioned. Up to two hours per week is required. Please contact the church office if you are able to assist. No qualifications necessary; training provided!
• Register names and contact details.
• Please maintain physical distance 1.5m.
• People from the same household can sit next to one another. Otherwise we need to keep 2 chair spaces between people
• Follow the directional arrows for entry, exit, and Holy Communion.
• Freewill offerings will be received via a retiring offering on the way out of the sanctuary.
• No tea and coffee afterwards at this stage. Social distancing still required while on site.
• Please follow directions of worship hosts
• Early service attendees will need to vacate the building to allow a clean before second service attendees can enter the building.
• Worship hosts and welcomers are now nominated Covid Marshalls.
• Children will sit with their families. Please feel free to bring activities.
• Due to cleaning requirements:
o Playground next to Revive Café is CLOSED.
o Parenting Change Room is OPEN again.
- Electronic deposits can be made to the following bank account details: BSB 704942; Account number 100354939; Account Name GSPV REG.
- LLL REG Download the form here, use the same bank details as above in the account to be credited and email back to address shown on the form. Alternatively contact the LLL on 83607200 or 1800 556457.
- Offering Envelopes can still be dropped in at the church office during office hours.
News from the Lutheran Archives
Miners from the Harz Mountains in Germany to Australia – the 1st wave 1845 – 1847:
Why did they come, how could they afford the journey & where did they mine?
Janette Lange, Archivist at Lutheran Archives will be the guest speaker at the first FoLA meeting since February.
Where: Bethlehem House, Sudholz Place, Adelaide
When: Monday 21st September 2020
Cost: Gold coin donation.
All welcome! Because of COVID-19 requirements, if you plan on attending, please register beforehand with Helen Schubert on 8364 4350; 0447 740 711, or email: email@example.com
We are blessed and grateful to have our Little Lambs gather for activities, songs and dance once again, thanks to the efforts of some wonderful volunteers on the new Little Lambs Team. Remaining dates for this term are September 11, 18 and 25.
Looking forward to even more ‘little lambs’ joining us on Fridays in the church hall from 9:30am to 10:30am.
We would love to see you there!