Life In God’s Kingdom
Today we’re looking at “Life in God’s Kingdom”. It’s so expansive.
Every parable Jesus taught, every challenge he issued, every invitation he gave, every rebuke he uttered, every touch he delivered, every miracle he effected, every law he reinterpreted, every outcast he welcomed, every community he transformed, every blessing he conveyed, every life he changed, every tradition he revoked, every demon he rebuked, every broken-heart he restored, every suffering he endured, every sin he carried, every infirmity he bore, every temptation he endured, every teaching he communicated, every part of his Father’s heart he imparted, all of this, and more, comes under the covering of the Kingdom of God. Discovering God’s kingdom could just change you for good.
Pastor Peter Steicke
Bible Readings: Romans 14:13-17, Mark 1:14-20 (NRSVA)
Please check the website www.paravista.org.au for podcasts and video archives of weekly messages or head to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/goodshepherdparavista for regular updates and encouragement from our ministry team.
Please forward all prayer requests to the church office via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 8263 5087. If you know or have spoken to anyone who does not have access to a computer, please assist them to submit their request and offer to pray with them. Prayer requests are not included in the weekly news online. If you would like to view the current requests, please refer to the email that alerted you to this Weekly News.
Come and Grab!!
Free – tea and coffee are available after Sunday services, and you are most welcome to come and enjoy!!
RENEW is a camp for young adults and those who have just finished high school to gather together for a weekend to connect with God and others. Join us to be “renewed” through worship, electives, activities, fellowship, and late-night chats.
A special 50% discount will be offered for those in Year 12 in 2023 to attend their first RENEW. Contact email@example.com for more information.
If you require financial assistance to attend camp, please contact the Blueprint Ministries Team: firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 8267 5211.
- The circle indicates the unity we have in Christ. We are contained in his grace. We are in this journey together, not because we agree with each other, but because God has adopted every one of us into his family.
- We recognise that this path is painful. The colour palette is sage. Sage is an ancient symbol of healing.
- The end of the pathway is not defined. We do not know exactly where it will lead us, but by faith we know that God is already there ahead of us, leading us towards his light.
- The two figures represent the different views on ordination we hold in the LCANZ. Both figures have shades of light and dark; we are at once saint and sinner. Whatever view we hold about ordination, we are each a broken person and a redeemed person.
- Together we carry the cross of Christon this journey. Together we fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, our only hope, the joy of our salvation.
Reminder! Two Services for February
A reminder that that we are going back to two services commencing on 4th Feb 2024. Service times will be 8.45am and 10.30am.
On 4th February, at the 10.30am service, we will be installing our new principal Mrs. Evie Stevens and new staff members who have joined our Good Shepherd school community. A time to bless our school family and everyone who will be commencing or continuing their education in 2024.
If you can’t get to church, you can still contribute to God’s work in the world by setting up a direct debit via Regular Electronic Giving (REG).
- REG is a convenient, safe and confidential way of giving a regular offering to your congregation.
- Your REG offering can come from your bank, credit union or LLL account.
- You can set up REG to coincide with your regular income (e.g. salary, pension, dividends) or budget: weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly or even half-yearly.
- REG keeps things confidential. Your congregation doesn’t receive any information regarding your identity or the amount of your offering.
How REG benefits Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
- Provides a regular income flow, making budgeting easier.
- Can increase giving through the convenience of direct debits.
- Safer because there is less cash to handle and bank each week.
Brochures, including request forms, are available from the church office, or from the Café.
A reminder that the office will remain closed on 26th January 2024 (Friday) due to Australia Day.
Connect Cards are available as you enter worship. Please complete the card using pencils which are available from holders on the side of chairs in the worship centre. They may be placed in bowls provided at exits as you leave. Connect Cards may be used for comments, small group or prayer requests, or to communicate with office or Pastoral Care staff.
Weekly News Items
Weekly News items are to be sent email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday Evening. Out of hours please leave a message on the answering system 8263 5087 or email the office and staff will respond as soon as they are able.
Name Badge Request
The cost for a replacement name badge is $12. If you would like to order one, contact the church office on 8263 5087 or send an email to: email@example.com
We give thanks for all those who have contributed to our online devotions this year. Now we are looking for more! If you have one or more of your own that you would like to share, please send them through to the church office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diary Dates 2024
26th January Public Holiday
31st January 8.30-10am Opening School Worship
24th May Save this date (evening time)!! 😊
“…All this is evidence that God’s judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering.”
2 Thessalonians 1:5 (NLT)
Please consider the health and safety of others and do not attend the church if you are feeling unwell.
In observing Christ’s command to love one another, we are to treat each other with respect and dignity. In honoring people, we are also fulfilling our responsibility under the law of the land. The LCA and Good Shepherd Para Vista is committed to implementing processes to ensure the church is a safe place. If anyone feels they have been subjected to sexual abuse or harassment in any form by anyone who holds a position of trust in the church, please contact:
P: 1800 644 628 E: email@example.com
Weekly News Submissions should be made by the Wednesday prior to Friday publication.
Church Giving via Electronic Funds Transfer:
Regular Electronic Giving (REG): BSB 704 942; Acc 100 354 939
Church Office Hours: Tuesday-Friday 9am-3pm (closed 12:30pm-1:30pm for lunch)
Church Website: www.paravista.org.au Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube!
388 Montague Road Para Vista SA 5093 | Phone: 8263 5087 | PO Box 306 Modbury North SA 5092