The Master’s Key
Over the last months, we’ve recognised a dramatic shift in culture. In some ways, we didn’t see it coming, but in others, we always knew that the world would shift. After decades of digital revolution, the contemporary church has encountered a divergence of mindsets on how pastoral care, evangelism, worship and ministry will look in the future.
Please check the website www.paravista.org.au for podcasts and video archives of weekly messages or head to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/goodshepherdparavista for regular updates and encouragement from our pastors.
The folks with the yolks are back! Come and get your free range eggs – $4 per dozen. Please bring your spare cartons. Get ‘em while they’re (not) hot! Ed.
Dear Church Family,
Mercy: To let someone off the hook; to free someone from the cost of their offence (even when retribution is warranted).
How is this accomplished? Through forgiveness.
It is not always easy… I’m sure you would have a story or two about when you have either received or shown mercy towards someone.
Love to hear it sometime!
This week’s GFH resource provides some thought provoking questions to ask those near and dear to you.
God bless you and your week,
Connect cards will not be used during services so any requests can be forwarded to the church office via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 8263 5087. Alternatively the care link button on our website can be used. If you know or have spoken to anyone who does not have access to a computer, please assist them to submit their request and offer to pray with them or offer care. Prayer requests are not included in the weekly news. If you would like to view the current requests please refer to the email that alerted you to this weekly news.
A volunteer to assist in replenishing all the Covid-19 cleaning supplies and ensure signage is still correctly positioned. Up to two hours per week is required.
A ‘chandler’, to service the candles in the church, on a weekly basis. This can be done at church or from home, to keep the candles trimmed and burning bright.
No experience needed for these positions – training is provided.
The latest edition of Together Magazine is out – copies are available in the church and office.
- Entry through front foyer and exit via rear courtyard – exceptions for people with mobility issues. If you’re an able walker, consider parking away from front entrance.
- Register names and contact details.
- Please maintain physical distance 1.5m.
- People from the same household can sit next to one another. Otherwise we need to keep 2 chair spaces between people
- Follow the directional arrows for entry, exit, and Holy Communion.
- Freewill offerings will be received via a retiring offering on the way out of the sanctuary.
- No tea and coffee afterwards at this stage. Social distancing still required while on site.
- Please follow directions of worship hosts
- Early service attendees will need to vacate the building to allow a clean before second service attendees can enter the building.
- Worship hosts and welcomers are now nominated Covid Marshalls.
- Children will sit with their families. Please feel free to bring activities.
- Playground next to Revive Café is CLOSED.
- Parenting Change Room is OPEN again.
BSB 704942; Account number 100354939; Account Name GSPV REG.
News from the Lutheran Archives
Miners from the Harz Mountains in Germany to Australia – the 1st wave 1845 – 1847:Why did they come, how could they afford the journey & where did they mine?
Janette Lange, Archivist at Lutheran Archives will be the guest speaker at the first FoLA meeting since February.
Where: Bethlehem House, Sudholz Place, Adelaide
When: Monday 21st September 2020
Cost: Gold coin donation.
All welcome! Because of COVID-19 requirements, if you plan on attending, please register beforehand with Helen Schubert on 8364 4350; 0447 740 711, or email: email@example.com
Need something to lounge on in front of your chiminea? Nowhere to park yourself at the fishing shack? Toddlers who’d rather bounce than sit? Or maybe sluggish teens slacking over social media? Well do we have a deal for you! Two sofas and a single seater can be yours for ZERO dollars! Take one, or take ‘em all! We’re looking to upgrade some of our furniture, so contact the office to see how you can start sprawling today! Ed.