Welcome to Dinner
As I read through the story of the feeding of the five thousand (for what seems the five thousandth time), I enjoy how the reader is left to intuit what Matthew means, even if it can be straightforward. Notice: He took the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up into heaven, he blessed them.
Have you ever wondered why we bless the food? Why we bless the Lord, oh my soul…? Why we bless each other? Maybe it’s just me, but when Matthew tells me ‘he blessed them,’ I get more of a picture that Jesus looks up to heaven with the food, but then he blesses…
Journey with me this week and sift through all the miracles that happen in this story (there are more than one, I think). How does this ‘Welcome to Dinner’ translate to the 21st century COVID restrictions on family meals? How does affect how we, as the family of God, share in the blessing?
2020 SALA Virtual Art Exhibition
With current restrictions, Good Shepherd Para Vista’s contribution to the South Australian Living Artists festival will be online this year. With ages ranging from teens to 70’s, nine artists from our Good Shepherd community have submitted their creative works including: Photography, Painting, Pastels, and Drawing. Styles include traditional, contemporary, and Indigenous.
To view the GSPV SALA Solely Art Virtual Art Gallery, click on the following link: https://bit.ly/32pPpGs
The SALA Online Program will be going live on Monday, 20th July. There is no printed program this year. To view other SALA virtual exhibitions, go to the online program via this link: https://www.salafestival.com/
Alternatively, the SALA app can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play.
We’re excited about coming together again to worship the LORD and share his love. Please plan to arrive early so we can “sign you in”.
- Entry through front foyer and exit via rear courtyard – exceptions for people with mobility issues. If you’re an able walker, consider parking away from front entrance;
- Hand sanitising on entry;
- Register names and contact details;
- No passing the peace or physical touch – apart from elbow taps;
- Follow the directional arrows for entry, exit, and Holy Communion;
- Social distancing required – 1.5m. There will be a notice on the ends of seating rows to be left vacant;
- People from the same household can sit next to one another. Otherwise we need to keep two chair spaces between people;
- Singing is OK;
- Holy Communion (HC) will be offered at both services with wheat/gluten free wafers; and individual cups (wine/grape juice);
- For HC Distribution, please follow arrows along rear sections of sanctuary and proceed up the middle aisle to the front, receive HC, then return to your seats via side aisles;
- In August, we’ll be offering HC at the 8:45am service on the 1st Sunday of the month; and at the 10:30am service on the 2nd Sunday of the month;
- Freewill offerings will be received via a retiring offering on the way out of the sanctuary;
- No tea and coffee afterwards at this stage. Social distancing still required while on site;
- Children will sit with their families. Please feel free to bring activities;
- Due to cleaning requirements the playground next to Revive Café is CLOSED. The Parenting Change Room also CLOSED.
Shed Happens is meeting once again!
When: 11th August 2020
Where: At the church
Time: 6.30 to 9.00 pm
Provided: A good meal and drinks (no alcohol please)
Cost: $10 donation (under 16 $5)
Contacts: Jim 0438 899 629 or Gavin 0403 086 052
Social Club News
Please be advised that the Social Club recommencement date has changed to 13th August 2020 at 12:30pm.
Dear Church Family,
Something that drew people to Jesus was his compassion. He did this in many ways, including sharing a meal with others. Who do you think you might catch up with this week? A phone call? A coffee? A meal?
Taking this in another direction… Which person from the bible would you invite for dinner? What questions would you ask? Please check out the Growing Faith at Home resource for more ideas to do with your family!
God bless your week!
Year to Date Variance
Thank you for your continued support towards our congregation’s mission and ministry through regular offerings as our facility and staff continued to operate to keep the community alive and the message spread.
Electronic deposits can be made to the following bank account details:
BSB 704 942
Account number 100354939
Account Name GSPV REG
Generosity to the Max!
On behalf of the staff at the Family Hub and particularly those in the local community who will benefit from the food and blankets that were donated, a great big thank you. Our members’ generosity continues to amaze. The donations seem to increase each month.
The Family Hub
Look for us on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube