Well, Come and Take up your Cross
What does it mean for us to lose our life to find it?
Bible Reading: Matthew 16:21-28
Please check the website www.paravista.org.au for podcasts and video archives of weekly messages or head to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/goodshepherdparavista for regular updates and encouragement from our pastors.
Our third workshop is this Wednesday, 2nd September at 7:30pm here at Good Shepherd. If you missed previous weeks, yet wish to attend, please register via the church office. Details for the live Zoom option will be sent via email, and you can find resources for the study here: www.paravista.org.au/resources
Having Your Child Baptised
…is a short course to help parents and families prepare for their first baptism at Good Shepherd.
Our next course commences Tuesday Sept 1st at 7:30pm at Good Shepherd, continuing the next two Tuesday evenings (Sept 8, 15).
For more info please see: https://paravista.org.au/contact-us/baptism/
Please register via the Church Office: 8263 5087; or firstname.lastname@example.org
The folks with the yolks are back! Come and get your free range eggs – $4 per dozen. Please bring your spare cartons. Get ‘em while they’re (not) hot! Ed.
Dear Church Family,
Here’s a tricky one… What does it mean to ‘take up your cross and follow Jesus’?
What does that even look like in the 21st Century? This week’s GFH resource offers some thoughtful conversation starters and practical ideas to try with your family.
God bless you and your week.
Due to your generosity over the last months the Family Hub has sufficient food at the moment to support those requiring assistance!
What they are lacking are cleaning items. These are needed to ensure the centre is cleaned several times a day after each session and for families they support, to assist them to keep their homes clean. This all helps prevent the introduction of and spread of Covid-19.
- dish detergent
- wipes such as CHUX
- spray cleaners
- Glen 20 or similar product for wiping down furniture after sessions
- window cleaner
- rubber gloves
- toilet cleaner
Wanted: A volunteer to assist in replenishing all the Covid cleaning supplies and ensure signage is still correctly positioned. Up to two hours per week is required. Please contact the church office if you are able to assist. No qualifications necessary; training provided!
- Entry through front foyer and exit via rear courtyard – exceptions for people with mobility issues. If you’re an able walker, consider parking away from front entrance.
- Register names and contact details.
- Please maintain physical distance 1.5m.
- People from the same household can sit next to one another. Otherwise we need to keep 2 chair spaces between people.
- Follow the directional arrows for entry, exit, and Holy Communion.
- Freewill offerings will be received via a retiring offering on the way out of the sanctuary.
- No tea and coffee afterwards at this stage. Social distancing still required while on site.
- Please follow directions of worship hosts.
- Early service attendees will need to vacate the building to allow a clean before second service attendees can enter the building.
- Children will sit with their families. Please feel free to bring activities.
- Playground next to Revive Café is CLOSED.
- Parenting Change Room is OPEN again.
|May||June||July||Year to Date Variance|
May REG was only deposited into account in June.
All ministry areas are resourcing only what is necessary.
Current giving budget total is at $-25950
Please continue supporting our congregation’s mission and ministry through regular offerings as our facility and staff continues to operate in a different way.
BSB 704942; Account number 100354939; Account Name GSPV REG.
Aug-Sept: *Super-Special Clearance* of large fold-up pamphlets reduced to $2 each – for info/study. Many interesting topics including: Noah’s Ark; What’s so Great about Heaven; Spirituality & Truth, etc.
Trading hours: Mon closed, Tues-Fri 10-4, Sat 10-1.
Shop 5, Gawler Arcade, 126 Murray St, Gawler.
Enquiries welcome: Ph. 85221677
When: Saturday 29th August 2020
Time: 9am to 12 noon
“Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, l but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.”